Saturday, July 19, 2008

Learning me some Character in St. Louis!



This weekend I went to a Character Education Conference in St. Louis. People travelled from all over the US to listen to great keynote speakers such as Hal Urban and Eric Liu. Overall, I feel more motivated and inspired as a teacher and can't wait to try some things I learned in the classroom. I got to go up there with 6th grade teacher, Kristi Lamb. Before the trip we didn't really know eachother at all. I enjoyed getting to spend time with Kristi...we definitely made some fun memories.


Since our hotel was only a block from Busch Stadium and the Arch, we decided that when in Rome do as the Romans do...and we began our quest to go find some tickets for the big Cardinals game. I had never been to Major League baseball game so I was pretty excited about the idea. I even had Cardinals t-shirt in my car (pretty sure I can find ANYthing in that thing!) Well, for any of those who have ever been to a major league anything, you know about the somewhat scary people that stand there on the corners of every street, wearing the signs that say "I need tickets." Since we were with our new vice-principal, Mr. Beckwith, we let him help us get tickets from one of these guys. Of course me being the naive Bransonian asked to have our picture with them. Here's our picture with our ticket boys!


Of course our tickets were in the nosebleeds, but that didn't stop us from having a good time!




AND would it really be a good game without a foam finger??!



I randomly bumped into Elisha Stenzel at the conference, so she came to the game with us! The game was awesome and went into record books because all four runs of the Cardinals were Home Runs!! It was amazing. They won 4-3 against the Padres.

Posted by Picasa

Overall, I had a really good time. These last two pictures are me exposing Kristi to the amazingness and slight danger of hanging out of the car to catch beautiful Jesus clouds (one of my favorite things EVER!) Nothing like making memories with new people!

No comments: