Monday, February 8, 2010

Week 5 of Weightloss Challenge

Some of you may have noticed that I didn't write on my blog last week to update the world of my weightloss attempts. The reason I didn't write is because I had a bad week last week...as far as weightloss goes. I didn't lose any weight, in fact I gained back 1.8 pounds.
I was really discouraged when I discovered that I was moving in the wrong direction. And frankly, too embarassed and ashamed to share that I didn't lose anything. I'm learning a lot in this process.

Last week I learned 3 things:

  1. I'm learning that losing this much weight is not going to be an easy process. It is a daily challenge to keep track of everything that goes in my mouth, exercising, and making good food choices.
  2. I have learned that this process can NOT be done without my dependence on the Lord. So many times I try to go about my life on my own strength...and let's just be honest. I don't have the strength to do this alone.
  3. Last but not least, I have learned that if I really want the accountability of my friends and family, I need to be real and honest with them...even if it means me saying that I GAINED weight instead of LOST weight. I had a good chat with my dear friend Emily and she really made me realize that it's okay to have a discouraging week, as long as I don't dwell on it.

That being said, I had a MUCH better week. I worked out at least 4 times and made pretty good food choices. I'm trying to drink lots of water and be aware of when my body is saying it is full. I could have given up last week, but I have decided to embark on this challenge 110% and refuse to give up. I may have bad weeks, but I am NOT going to let it get me down.

This week I lost 4.2 pounds which means I met my first goal of 10 pounds! I have lost a total of 10.6 pounds and have 89.4lbs to lose to meet my 100lb goal.

Thanks for so much encouragement from all of you and your support. I couldn't do it without you. Stayed tuned till next week. I WILL post, whether I lose OR gain. That's a promise.

2 comments:

Carissa said...

you are amazing casey! love your honesty.

Unknown said...

Miss your voice, Casey. What's going on these days?