Monday, May 21, 2007

Door stops

Since I am the new teacher this year and because there was no room in the 5th grade hall, I've spent my whole year down in the 6th grade hall. It has had its pluses and minuses. When I came to my classroom the first time, I noticed the door stop, or the splinter that went by the title of door stop. Well, over the year, it has been a running joke about my door stop and the kids always promise to get me a new one and I always reply that I don't believe them anymore because they've promised all year.

All this to say that my kid Matthew actually MADE me a door stop!! I was so excited...especially cause he shined it up and buffed it so nicely that it barely holds up the door, it just makes it slide.


Here's a picture of my collection of door stops...the splinter and the gift.

2 comments:

Erica Joy said...

you are an amazing teacher cassandra dawn chambers! it may be really hard to tell sometimes, but those kids LOVE you! I mean, LOVE you! you have made many incredible impressions on each of their hearts this year,be confident of that. I know God will use your tenderness, second-chances, and patience to speak to their hearts about who HE is. love you friend.

kate said...

casey, you're going crazy with the posting!! i love it!
and i love the symphony adventure! that is very super cool that they got all spiffed up -- i'm so impressed with you :-)

how is it that i missed hearing this story in person?! we've lost touch. dagnabit. summer break will reunite us. i'm sure of it.