Monday, May 21, 2007

BFF: Butt Fire Fighters!!

This is a strange random story, but it really happened. I swear.

Last week, Erica and I were going to Subway to grab a bite to eat before a school function. Well, I turned the wrong way for some reason and so I knew I needed to turn around. Well, as I was about to turn around, we notice smoke billowing on the side of one of the office buildings. We drive closer and we realize that the cigarette butt disposal container is smoking. Erica quickly jumps out of the car and begins throwing mulch on the smoky butt container. Well, the container quickly becomes engulfed in flames!! Erica runs inside and I jump out of the car and keep kicking dirt at the flames to smother them. A woman comes running out with Erica to put out the flames with the fire extinguisher.

We finally put the fire out and in the mean time, the container was completely melted at the bottom. It was gross!! Here are some "after" pictures. Notice (this is hilarious) that the brand of the butt container is called SafeSmoker. Ha!!

3 comments:

Emily said...

This story made me LOL! I didn't realize how brave and life saving you and erica are! Thanks for doing your civic duty. :0)

Erica Joy said...

good one! so glad you got some documentation. :)

Jeff Roberts said...

Coolness! I too had to stomp out a fire at work once when someone threw a butt out their car window and caught some dry grass on fire.