Sunday, January 24, 2010

Major Goal of the Year

(Copied from my other blog: http://www.translucentponderings.wordpress.com)

So, I’m not really sure if anyone reads this anymore. Let’s be honest…despite my best efforts and good intentions, I am a HORRIBLE blogger! But I am writing this blog despite the fact that probably no one will ever see it but myself.
This is my year to lost weight. Matter of fact.
I’m not just trying to lose a few pounds.
I
want
to
lose
100
pounds.
100!
It is my goal to lose all of this in
one year.
How am I doing this? Simple: Keeping track of my calorie intake using http://www.livestrong.com . I am adding more exercise to my life and trying to drink a lot of water and take a daily vitamin. I am not taking any type of dieting pill or other dieting substance. I want to lose weight completely naturally.

I’ve tried to lose weight before, but I usually give up after about 2 weeks. One of the things that is different about this effort, is that I am telling people about it. Trying to lose weight has been something I’ve been embarassed about in the past. I’ve always felt ashamed talking about my weight. Well, you know what? It is this feeling of shame that has kept me from achieving my goals. This year is different. I have told all of my closest friends about my year long goal. I need the accountability because it is so easy for me to quit and give up.
I am losing weight because I want to be healthy. I have constant back pain and my knees hurt on a daily basis. I am not even 27 years old. I want to lose this weight for ME, no one else.
If you are reading this, please pray that I can remain strong. I realize that I will only be able to obtain these goals through Christ, who strengthens me. I need reminders of his love and desire for me to be healthy.

Tomorrow is my Week 3 Weigh In. The first week I lost 4lbs, the second week I lost 2. The goal of the challenge is to lose 10lbs within 4 weeks. We’ll see how I do in the morning!

5 comments:

NFL Draft said...

i also want to lose weight,come on together.

kate fried said...

i'm still reading, and i'm so proud of your goal! you can do it, casey!
love you, friend.

Unknown said...

Casey, so good to see you blogging... even if you do it twice a year, I'll read it. :) I love you so much, friend, and am proud of your determined spirit. I have full confidence that you can acquire your goal. Stay strong, but extend grace to yourself too. Love you!

dawn said...

WOW, Casey. So proud of you. What an amazing Goal. Don't let that nasty satan try to talk you into doing things that go against your goal and what Christ has for you. Count on me to pray for you!

Cynthia Matzat said...

I still read your blog. :) I'm proud of you!