Sunday, March 11, 2007

Right now I am enjoying the thrills of Spring Break and getting away from my 23 hellions. I am sitting here in Nashville with my friend Casey and I just want to take a moment and share with you what I did last night after driving for 8 hours.

  • First I met Casey at the Opryland hotel and mall. I spent too much money on some new Shox and a cool hat for my brother from the Gibson store. I also took some amazing pictures of flowers and a fish that looked like it had tumors all over it.

  • After Opryland, Casey and I ventured to the downtown area. We walked down by all the bars and I felt like a cool city girl. We wanted to go to the hockey game but tickets were $55 and I couldn't justify going after buying Shox.

  • We ate dinner at the Wildhorse Saloon and then went line dancing. I felt so cool and for the first time regretted not owning cowboy boots. I had tennis shoes on and felt like a FREAK!

  • After the saloon, Casey and I kept walking around the craziness of downtown Nashville. I enjoyed culture shock when I went into the Coyote Ugly bar. WOH!! I pretty much felt dirty as I watched the girls dancing on the bar. We were only in the bar for about ten minutes, but while we were there, a very drunk man came close to me and tried to grab me. Thank goodness, a huge bouncer was right behind me and saved me from the drunken old man. My favorite part of Coyote Ugly was when the girls on the bar asked for girls in the crowd to come on the bar. It just so happens that there was two lesbian couples in the crowd. I had actually seen them at the Saloon earlier. I remembered seeing them because they were one of those couples that one of them has to LOOK like a man. The girl in the man role had a close shaved mullet and a West Coast Choppers shirt...along with a can of Skoal in the back pocket. Well, when the lady bartenders asked for girls to come up, this Man-Woman got up on the bar. It was so funny seeing her up there because at first glance, you think she's a man. The men all looked very confused...and then disturbed. It was quite the ten minute experience.

  • After Coyote Ugly, we walked around some more. I saw many homeless people, musicians playing for tips, and a man offering to take a picture with his monkey for $10. What a bargain. I then went into a souvenir shop and saw a Branson scrap book...random.

  • After downtown, we drove by the Parthenon and Casey showed me Music Row, the area where all the major producing studios are located.

Well, that sums up my Saturday night in Nashville. Today we might go thrift store shopping, tour the Jack Daniels distillery, go watch a bluegrass jam session, and eat mighty fine Mexican food. Wahoo! Yeah for Spring Break!!









No comments: