Sunday, December 17, 2006

Wow...I'm single



So I just got back from my second weekend in less than twenty-four hours. Two weddings in one weekend! You know, I would say that 98% of the time, I am comfortable with being single in this world. It doesn't usually ever bother me. However, something about going to two weddings in a row by myself made me a little sad and discouraged. And to top it all off, I watched the new Pride and Prejudice today and it just makes me want to find a Mr. Darcy so bad. Or at least a guy who says, "I love you.....most ardently...(British accent of course)."

I guess there are perks to going to two different weddings. 1.) Lots of fun finger foods. 2.) Many samplings of wedding cake and sparkling grape juice. 3.) Fun times with disposable cameras. 4.) You can buy the same gift for both couples...I really did. In fact, I didn't even wrap the last one...I just stuck a bow on the box and wrote FROM CASEY...I'm kinda shady like that. 5.) I decided that a December wedding in the Chapel at CofO is exquisite because of all the free Christmas decorations included. 6.) I got to hear Chaplain Dan preach the same wedding service...twice. Word for word. 7.) I got to catch up with friends from the past...good times.

I guess if I really think about it, I'd much rather have two weddings in one weekend than two funerals. Always a plus to everything!

1 comment:

Erica Joy said...

oh honey, do I ever understand you! and, you make me laugh! I just want you to know...i love you...ardently!!!