Friday, February 2, 2007

The Beauty around us


So I'm sitting here trying to think of something to write on my blog and I looked up in great pleasure to see a deer out in the woods behind my house. It is beautiful outside right now, even though it is a very brisk 18 degrees. The snow just looks so perfect on the ground and I love to see the remnants of the snow storm still clinging to the trees. Sometimes my mind gets going so fast all the time that I often miss out on the beauty of moments such as these. There are times that I feel God simply touches my heart and just whispers, "Stop...and look what I have for you. Even as I sit here typing my eyes are opened to the nature outside my window...to the birds playing in the trees and the deer looking for food. It is truly at moments like these when I say to myself and to my heart, "How could you ever doubt His love for you? How could you ever feel so alone? He is all around you...everywhere you look." Thank you, Lord for opening up my eyes.

No comments: